- 1 Best Mattresses Toppers 2017
- 2 The Different Types Of Mattresses
- 3 Factors To Remember While Buying A Mattress
Best Mattresses Toppers 2017
If you have been using the same mattress for a long period of time, then now is the time to “break-up” with that mattress and get a new one. But I understand it is difficult to get the right mattress for your bed. It is difficult because there are different types of mattresses available in the market and also you have to consider a lot of factors while buying the right mattress. Now that being said, in our memory foam mattress toppers reviews 2017, we are going to discuss the different types of best memory foam mattress topper and mattresses available in the market. And also we will suggest you with the best 5 mattresses available.
So, memory foam or latex? Innerspring or hybrid? We bet these are the question that comes to your mind when you are buying mattresses for your bed. Be it online purchase or a retail store purchase, you will definitely get confused because different mattresses have different pros and cons.
With new inventions, technology and materials, we are able to get advanced quality materials every day. This is why it is sometimes hard for us to keep up. Most of us are actually familiar with the traditional mattresses or best mattress toppers. Some of you might also have the idea of the pocket coil technology of mattresses. But there are a lot of mattress types available today and here is the detailed description of all of them.
The Different Types Of Mattresses
Memory Foam Mattresses
The memory foam mattresses were actually developed as a part of the NASA contract in the 1970s for improving the seat cushioning and prevent any crash protection for the airline messengers and pilots. The project was a temporary one but it was extremely successful. Soon after that, the designers started making use of the unique material for the commercial products. It included the mattresses too. Within a very short period of time, the best memory foam mattress topper and mattresses became one of the best-selling mattresses on the market. Now, why were memory foam mattresses so popular?
It was known as the Visco Elastic foam aka the memory foam mattress. This type of mattresses has the unique capability to keep your body in perfect position while dispersing the weight through the bed. This is why; it is perfect for the pains and any joint aches. If you have trouble sleeping, then this one is a great mattress for you.
One of the best features of the memory foam a mattress is they have excellent body temperature regulation feature and body weight maintenance. Even if a person, who is a bit bulkier, uses these best memory foam mattress topper and mattresses for a long period of time, it will still offer a great level of comfort. This is why the memory foam mattresses offer better sleep than the traditional innerspring mattresses.
Another important feature of the memory foam mattresses is the mattress makers have also introduced innovative features like the “open cell” memory foams, the gel-infused memory foams, the reticulated support and a lot of other technologies which enhances the air circulation while sleeping. One more reason you should buy the memory foam mattresses is that they are resistant to the bed bugs, mold, bacteria and dust mites. So they help in eradicating a lot of allergens. This will reduce a lot of your hard work while cleaning or washing the top rated mattress toppers and mattresses.
The Hybrid mattresses are also a very popular category of mattresses which can be defined as the culmination of the different innovations. As you can understand from the name, this is a combination of two different support systems. One is the advanced innerspring system and the other is the memory foam mattresses. This one is the combo of the two types of top rated mattress toppers and mattresses. The remarkable mattresses offer all the benefits of the memory foam mattresses and also offer the best looks of the innerspring mattresses. The use of different technologies in Hybrid mattresses offers different advantages for the troubled sleepers.
First is, because of the presence of pocketed coil technology, there is a reduction in the motion transfer which might occur while tossing and turning. This is why the Hybrid mattresses offer a deeper and more restful sleep.
Next is, because of the presence of multiple layers in the memory foam mattresses, it helps in attaining a very comfortable sleeping posture. Thus, it reduces the pressure in the sensitive areas. It helps in controlling the body temperature by diffusing the heat away from the body.
Because of the presence of the memory foam, you are getting all this comfort. On the other hand, the presence of coil system helps in retaining the bouncy feature which a lot of people enjoy with the traditional mattresses. This also offers the hybrid mattresses and best bed toppers or best mattress toppers with such a shape which is identical to the traditional mattresses. Finally, the Hybrid mattresses or best mattress toppers are also less expensive than other types of mattresses available in the market. Thus, if you are limited by a budget, then you can opt for the Hybrid mattresses where you will get great comfort and it won’t dig a hole in your pocket too. They will surely perform much better than any other low-end mattresses.
These are the oldest variant of all the mattresses and best bed toppers available. But you cannot deny that these mattresses are still out there in the market because some of us still prefer things in old school form. The technology of spring mattresses is very simple. The manufacturers make use of small steel coils which act as the support systems.
Since the springs were used as a support system, they were either connected with either a single unit or they were wrapped individually within the pocketed coils for the construction of these mattresses. After that, the innersprings are covered with different types of pads or upholstery materials. This is what results in excellent comfort and better sleep. One of the most important features of these mattresses is, they are extremely durable and they can be used for a long period of time.
The best thing about today’s innerspring mattresses and best queen size mattress topper is, they come with a lot of materials like foams, fibers, layers of smaller springs and these make the spring mattresses durable than ever. They are still one of the best-selling mattresses around.
It will be definitely surprising to you that the latex mattresses were initially introduced to the consumers in the 1960s. Even though it was introduced such a long time ago, it was out of reach of the common people because the cost of production of the latex mattresses and best queen size mattress topper was extremely high and thus, they needed to be sold at higher prices.
But, with the advancement of technology, the production of latex mattresses was easier and cheaper. This is why it is available to a lot of common people nowadays. The latex mattresses are one of the best in class mattresses to use. If you are long for a good quality mattress, then this one is the right one for you. The advancement in technology has brought the price of Latex mattresses significantly.
There are two major advantages of the latex mattresses. One of them is they are extremely durable and resilient. The latex mattresses can be used for a long period of time without replacing them. The latex mattresses come with a lot of support for the people who have back pain. This variety of mattress doesn’t put excessive pressure on the hips, shoulder or any other area. It also helps in the proper alignment of the body. This is why the latex mattresses and best queen size mattress topper help in preventing the pain the sensitive areas of the body including the lower back portion too.
Another important advantage of the latex mattresses is they are excellent in suppressing the motion of the body. So, even if you toss and turn around, it will not create a lot of impact or disturbance in the sleep of the person sleeping beside you.
These mattresses are made up of different weights and densities. The different materials used in foam mattresses are petrochemical based flexible polyurethane foams, and latex rubber foams. The reason they are so popular among people is that they act as an excellent alternative to the costlier and sophisticated mattresses available in the market.
The best inexpensive mattress topper and mattresses are designed in such a way that they will offer an edge to edge support to the bed. These mattresses offer support in every nook and corner of the bed. This is a real advantage for the troubled or restless sleepers who have the habit of wandering all over the mattress while sleeping.
If you buy the foam type of mattress, then you will have a major advantage. You will find different options to select. You can opt for the memory foams, you can choose the gel ones, or you can select the solid foam/latex ones. The foam mattresses are basically a different form of the mattresses mentioned above. This mattress changes shape according to the movements of the person so that it can fit perfectly and offer optimum comfort.
The gel mattresses are a type of viscoelastic mattresses which was made for solving the complaints related to the Visco mattresses. You cannot deny that Viscoelastic mattresses are the right ones which adapt to the body. At the same time, this is the feature which is responsible for the suffocation and uncomfortable sensation within the body.
Because of the rise in temperature, it makes us move a lot in the bed and this is what causes the micro-awakens which are not good at all if you are trying to get a good night’s sleep. The use of gel on the Viscoelastic can be applied in different ways according to the needs of the buyers. If you want to get rid of the viscoelasticity, then the gel mattresses and best inexpensive mattress topper is just the perfect option for you.
It is also good for people who are living in the heated areas. Once the gel is applied on the surface of the mattress it will lower the temperature from three to four degrees and this is why it will become cooler to sleep.
The waterbed mattresses are also called floatation beds and these are just like modern balloons but they are much sturdier than the balloons. This one looks like a bag filled with water and it is framed in such a way that it can hold a lot of weight. The most common material for the preparation of waterbed mattresses is the PVC. The bag is filled with water and since water bears the weight of the sleeper, it fits perfectly to the body’s shape. The primary reason for the popularity of the waterbeds is the relief from pressure.
This is the primary reason why the waterbed mattresses and best inexpensive mattress topper were invented at the first place. But after the memory foam mattresses came into the market, the waterbed mattresses were not used for a long period. Still, that didn’t cause the waterbed mattresses to go away.
There are two types of waterbeds available in the market, one is the “hard side” and the other one is the “soft side”. In the hard variant, the water mattresses are actually placed on a rigid frame which is mostly wood on a solid platform. On the other hand, for the soft side waterbed, the insider is made up of foam. The two advantages of soft water mattresses are, they make buying sheets easier and also they look like traditional mattresses.
We believe that the best airbeds are the ones which come in simple mattress designs. They are made up of quality components which last for a long period of time. In the last few years, the airbeds were very much popular because of the adjustability feature. While buying the airbed mattresses and the best affordable mattress topper, the first thing you need to look is getting the fabric backed vulcanized rubber air chambers.
The reason is, these are extremely durable and they will last for decades. It is almost impossible to pop an airbed bladder. The reason is pump systems are used with the air beds which have a pressure limiting features and this is why you will not be able to pop any air bed bladder.
But it is also imperative that you keep away the sharp objects from the air bed bladders. If you are looking for a relatively high-end air bed mattress, then you can opt for the multiple chambered air beds which are also known as the tri-zone air beds.
The fusion mattresses are available in different ranges and designs. You can get a single mattress, a double mattress, a king size mattress in the form of fusion mattress. These are a unique structure which will not only offer you the best in class support but at the same time, the fusion mattress design comes in an F Cross corner design which will enable the additional airflow throughout the mattress.
It reduces the development of bugs, dust mites, and lice which will grow over time. The fusion mattresses have three major layers. The first layer is the Pocket Sprung bottom layer, which is followed by the middle layer of tope of the memory foam. It comes with cool gel memory foam and pocket springs which are completely removable for washing.
Factors To Remember While Buying A Mattress
You will spend more time on your bed than any other furniture at your home and this is why it is really important to remember a few things before buying a mattress and the best affordable mattress topper. They are as follows:
- Focus on the comfort: This is of utmost importance. You have to focus on the comfort. There is no other alternative. Even if you buy the best quality mattress, you will not be able to sleep on it for a long period of time if you are not comfortable in it. And to make sure that you get the most comfortable mattress, you have to consider the size, the firmness and also the type of materials used within the mattress.
- The second thing you have to do is, not to consider only one variety of mattresses which might look like the best for everyone. You have to look for your own comfortable mattress. Everyone has their individual needs when it comes to sleeping. This is why you have to look for the mattress in which you are comfortable.
- Check the firmness of the mattress and the best king size mattress topper. This is really important. The reason is if the mattress is too firm you will not be able to sleep on it. On the other hand, if the mattress is too soft, then chances are it might get distorted in shape in a very short time. Do not give into the descriptions of the labels. They are not completely trustworthy. This is why you have to personally test the mattress. A lot of shops will allow you to lie on the mattress and test it.
- If you are buying it online, you have to read the real-time customer reviews. This will allow you in getting a much more practical data on the quality of the mattress and also the brand. It will also let you narrow down the huge amount of choices you will get while buying mattresses or best mattress toppers.
- Remember that firmer mattresses are better and this is why you will need enough firm mattresses and the best king size mattress topper to support the spine and other parts of the body. But don’t opt for the too firm mattresses. Excess firmness will also cause discomfort while sleeping. Not all the soft mattresses are better. If the mattress is too much soft, then it will sag the middle area of the mattress and the spine of your body. It will lead to a bad posture and back pain.
- You will find “adjustable” beds and “multi-zoned” beds. The adjustable beds are a good option because you will be able to adjust the softness and firmness with a remote. But, such mattresses are expensive so you can opt for the multi-zoned mattresses with different support zones. Opt for such mattresses which are softer on the hip and shoulders.
- It is not a good option to choose the metal coils. They are most common though, but they are not necessarily the best. The reason is innerspring beds are prone to sagging and allergens. They are noisy and they also have a bouncy effect on some people which might feel uncomfortable. Apart from this variety, the memory foam mattresses and best king size mattress topper also have their backdrops too. They tend to feel hot sometimes; they have unpleasant smells which might cause body indentations.
- The natural latex mattresses are much better and if you are looking for the classic foam choice then this is just the perfect option. The waterbeds are also not for everyone. They follow the shape of the body and it feels cool, but some people also feel seasick and dizzy after using the waterbeds for some time. They also don’t offer a good back support.
- Sleeping position is important. Knowing if you are a front, back, side or stomach sleeper will help you in shortlisting the mattress. For instance, if you are a side sleeper, then it will be better for you to choose the plush or the pillow top mattress and also compare memory foam mattress topper which will support the natural curve of your spine.
- Temperature is another important factor in your sleep. Your mattress is also a part of it. For a warmer night sleep, you can opt for pillow top mattresses. If you heat up naturally in your sleep, then opt for a mattress with heat regulating or cooling technology. Here is the list of the best mattresses for 2017.